We Welcome Your Stories, Poems and Songs!
Recipe for A Great Canadian Story
Our panel of judges are looking for a combination of goose bumps, tears, laughter, as well as the response, “Wow, I didn’t know that.” We want stories that engage the reader, inspire them to experience Canada, and help them learn about all the wonderful people, places and things that have been woven together to make this country great.
This story can be about you, someone you know, a person in Canadian history, a place or a thing that is associated with being Canadian. We are looking for answers to questions like:
What was your proudest moment being Canadian?
What are you most proud about being Canadian?
What is the thing/experience that you most associate with being Canadian?
What story can you tell that best represents Canadian culture and philosophy?
Any story must be an original story that the author has all rights to and has not previously been published elsewhere unless it is on the author’s own blog or a very small, locally based, low-circulation publication. Any pictures sent with a story must have all rights attributed to the submitting author.
If we publish your story or poem, you will receive two free copies of the book your story or poem appears in and will be entitled to buy books from us at a discount.
- Keep your story to 1000 words or less. Upon submitting your story or poem, you give the author of this book the permission to do whatever editing that is necessary to make the story better and fit within the context of the book.
- Any story submitted is non-fiction. We are not looking for creative fiction stories at this time.
- Edit the story, or, even better; have someone edit your story before submission to eliminate grammatical and creative errors.
- If you are writing about someone else, you must have their permission in writing to use their name and story.
- We are looking for stories, not sermons, political rants or sales copy.
- The only way to submit your stories or poems to us is via our website. If you have any problems when trying to fill out the form and submit your work, please contact our Support Team. Responses from the webmaster may take between 24-72 hours, so please be patient.
- Please submit only stories or poems that have not been previously published. The only exception to this is if your work has only been published in a small local publication with limited circulation or on your own blog.
- Please keep your story under 1000 words.
- Do not use the story submission form to communicate with this organization.
- We will only be contacting those whose stories have been chosen for the book. If you do not hear back by August 1, 2017, your story will not be part of this anthology. We will keep it on file for future ones. If your email changes before that date, please let the Support Team know.
Let’s celebrate Canada together!
We are looking for inspiring, entertaining, educational and empowering stories about Canada and its people. If you have a story about yourself, someone you know, or the place you live, please check the “Guidelines” section above, which will answer many of your questions about subject matter, length and style.